E-2 Investors Visa

For those with an entrepreneurial outlook, GetMeAVisa.com offer complete assistance with the E-2 Investment Visa (popularly known as the ‘Temporary Green Card’). An E-2 Visa is granted to the principal owner or a key employee of a company that has invested a ‘substantial sum of money’ in a business enterprise in the US. Similar to the E-1 Visa, there’s no set minimum level of investment which may qualify for E-2 status, but the lower the investment the less likely you are to qualify.

One of the key reasons for the E-2 visa’s popularity is there are no upper limit to the visa term, thus you may renew your visa a limitless amount of times (providing the conditions for the E-2 Visa are still being satisfied, e.g. the qualifying business still exists). It is worth noting, that due to prior abuse of the E-2 Visas, the US government have tightened up the criteria for what constitutes a business, for example simply buying and then letting property would be insufficient to be granted the E-2 visa. One of GetMeAVisa’s immigration lawyers will check over the business and ensure that you are investing in a business that is viable for the E-2 Visa.

Further information on buying an E-2 Visa Business:

Because of history showing the business has previously made money, it is often easier to buy an existing business rather than starting a business from scratch due to the documentation required by the authorities being more complicated. Substantial investigation into the business (whether a business plan or currently a running business inside the US) is highly recommended. Our lawyers at GetMeAVisa.com will work closely with accountants to ensure that the business you’re interested in meets or exceeds the requirements for the visa to be granted. The level of investment must be sufficient to justify you or your employee’s presence in the US. The investment must be in a fully operating business and you’re expected to be actively engaged in developing and directing it; passive investments, such as simply buying property or stocks and bonds, do not qualify.

You will be required by the immigration authorities to provide substantial documentation and prove the business in which you are investing will generate more than enough income to support you and your family, and will also contribute to the US economy (typically employing US workers and paying US taxes).

GetMeAVisa’s lawyers will also be more than willing to recommend and work alongside business brokers to find a viable business.

Home Owners With Substantial Equity:

If your home has substantial equity it could be an excellent source towards funding the E-2 visa. By selling your home you could buy a business inside the United States that fits the criteria for an E-2 visa. For more information on this please call us on 0207 078 4127 or use the contact form to the right of this page.

If you have $500,000 or more to invest, you may instead wish to consider the EB-5 Immigrant visa which offers a Green Card.

Because of this level of complexity of the various Visas, seeking professional advice from an immigration lawyer is highly advisable for E-2 Visa Applications. GetMeAVisa.com experts have many years of experience in dealing with such cases (including visa renewal) to make them a resounding success.

For further help on applying for the E-2 Visa:

We have over ten years of experience in American Immigration, and have very high success rate with Investor and Business Visas, working closely with the client with communication at every step so you can feel confident for each stage of your application.

If you have any further questions regarding applying for an E-2 Visa then please call our friendly team on 0207 0784 127

Or register for our Comprehensive E-2 Visa Handbook by completing the contact form to the right of this page.